Today we will continue to learn about ways to classify chemical reactions. Spotting patterns in reactivity helps us to understand reactions and make predictions about mixtures. You will know you have succeeded in learning this topic when you can do the following:
- identify multiple reaction descriptions for an observed reaction
- assign oxidation states to atoms in compounds
- identify which species is oxidized and reduced in a redox reaction
- apply flame testing to determine gases present from reaction products
- HW Check 68 (Quiz 5.2 Analysis, Lab 5.3 Paraphrasing, Lab 5.2 feedback on peergrade)
- Warm Up 68
- Read some of the feedback you’ve received on peergrade. Flag inappropriate feedback and rate the feedback for each student who reviewed your work. IF YOU DIDN’T GET FEEDBACK: Identify the key things Mr. Chase is looking for when you are giving feedback.
- This lab report was designed as a growth opportunity. You earned credit for submitting your work and giving quality feedback. Write down things that you should do next time we have a peergrade lab to make sure you get quality work submitted and quality feedback given to your peers.
- Topic 5.3 Lab