What am I learning today?
How to write molecular, full ionic, and net ionic equations.
Why am I learning this?
Chemical equations help us understand what his happening quantitatively on a molecular level when chemicals react.
How will I known that I have succeeded?
I can mix known solutions, observe precipitate formation, and write a net ionic equation to represent this reaction.
- HW Check & Warm Up
- A solution of potassium iodide (KI) is mixed with a solution of silver nitrate (AgNO3). Write a balanced chemical equation to indicate the products that would form as a result of this reaction.
- Sketch a particulate diagram of the two solutions in before the mixing and a diagram of the resulting solution after mixing. Start with 5 ions of each type and clearly provide a key to which shape represents which ion.
- Submit Lab 5.1 through jupitergrades
- Discussion 5.2 – Net Ionic Equations
- Turn in Summaries 59 – 61