What am I learning today?
How to use labware and equipment to prepare and dilute solutions.
Why am I learning this?
Solution concentration is a key to understanding quantitative chemistry and we will continue preparing solutions all year.
How will I known that I have succeeded?
I can successfully prepare solutions and to a specified concentration and test them using a colorimeter.
- HW Check & Warm Up
- Based on your feedback from the 56-58 Daily Summaries, what should you do to improve your summaries this week?
- Determine the amount of grams of CuSO4·5H2O you will need to prepare your assigned solution for the lab today.
- Submit your Dilution Data
- Practice 5.1c Q&A
- Lab 5.1 – Solution Prep & Dilution
- Lab Debrief
- Bring your laptop to school for next class
- Study notes, labs, and summaries to prepare for Quiz 5.1
- Complete the Prior Knowledge Quiz 5.2