Week #2 is almost at an end. We will start getting into the text today as we explore properties of matter, changes in matter, and a little more about units.
Consider the following information:
- Ionic compounds that contain sodium will dissolve in water
- Carbonate compounds react with acids to form carbon dioxide gas
- How could we determine the mass of each component in a mixture of Na2CO3 and CaCO3 powders?
- How could we determine the mass of each component in a mixture of Na2CO3 and NaCl powders?
Understand how we classify matter and identify grouping of matter
Identify physical vs. chemical changes
Describe common physical separation techniques
Be able to skim a text and read for depth
- Warm up/HW Check (Unit conversions)
- Reading: Matter & Mixtures (Ch1.1-Ch1.4)
- 1.01 Physical Separations vs. Chemical Change
- 1.02 Separation and % Mass Lab (Experimental Design)
- Week 2 Reflection
- Turn in week #2 teams assignments (0.01, 0.02, 0.03)
- Turn in Week 2 Reflection on teams
- Complete your 1.02 Experimental Design