We will have the opportunity to find the molar mass of an unknown gas experimentally today.
- 1. In your words, describe what we know about a reaction by looking at the coefficients in front of each chemical.
- 2. Describe the method you would take to determine how much product can form based on limited amounts for two starting reactants.
- 3. Why is the percent yield for a reaction typically less than 100%?
- Understand how the ideal gas law and phase change can be used to determine the molar mass of an unknown gas
- Solve problems related to stoichiometry and limiting reactants