Answer these critical questions to help you prepare for the second part of lab 1.02.
The balanced equation for this reaction is:
HCl(aq) + Na2CO3(aq) → NaCl(aq) + H2O(l) + CO2(g)
1. Which substance must completely react; the acid or the carbonate ions?
2. How much acid do I need to use (moles, molarity & volume)?
3. What gas measurements must I collect?
4. How will I get this data?
5. Can I run multiple trials?
6. How do I find the mass of Na2CO3(s) from CO2(g)?
- Perform a gas forming reaction and collect data to find the amount of starting compound that was consumed
- Recall key information about periodic trends
- Write electron configurations
- Revise and submit your work on assignment 1.05.
- Preview the text for assignment 1.06 (Sections 1.5, 1.6)